7th Class Part-1 (In A Crap School)





I completed my 7th standard education in two schools.So this post is in 2 parts.
I studied the first part in a crap school.Read about the Crap School episode of my 7th class life.

During the summer vaccation (April-May of 1997) of 6th class, I made lot of friends from my village.They told me a lot about their school an
d fun they had at school.Slowly I became interested in their school, a local-crap Malayalam medium school.And in June 1997,another short episode in my school life began, at AMHSS Kalaketty.The school was just 3 kms. away from my home.It was easy and practical to cover this 3 kms. to the school on foot,as our village had only 2 service buses in 1 hour intervals.I and my local friends walked to the school everyday.These walks in morning and evenings were always fun.We played some games and had lot of fun during these walks.
I made lot of friends at the new school and everybody liked me too.I received some respect as I was from a CBSE school.
But one teacher, a nun,who showed some partiality,always nagged me.She would say,"Oh! you are from CBSE,are you comfortable with us?,We are all ordinary people.Shall we install an airconditioner in the class for you...?" I hated her and her Maths class.Gradually I began disliking the school.I also feared that if I continued studying in Malayalam medium, I may not develop my proficiency in English.And if I did not develop my English, I thought I would not be able to read
my favourite English books.(Sherlock Homes,novels...)
At this school too I bunked classes and I was not alone.There were 2-3 friends always ready to bunk classes for movies.I watched അനിയത്തിപ്രാവ് during this time.I also started watching 'Noon Shows' (Movies played for Noon Shows were usually adult (A) rated movies.) from nearby theatres.(Kanjirappally and Erattupetta)I booked the lower class tickets (Rs 5-Rs 10)at these C class theatres.
When exams are near,the teachers conducted s
pecial/extra classes,in the morning and evening,both of which I avoided.In the morning,during the extra class, I would sit on a wall in the school ground and watch people and vehicles passing by the road.In the evening I and a friend, Siju skipped the classes.The teacher (the biased nun I mentioned ealier) appointed 5-6 boys to prevent me and Siju escaping after the school hours (before the special classes).Just before the class dispersal bell, these boys would stand at all the exits and behind us to prevent us from running.But I and Siju act as if we have no interest in skipping the class today and we woul;d say them,"Because of you all preventing us from escape,today we have decided to stay...but what you doing to us is no
t right...as we are all classmates and friends yet you are all blocking our way.This is not right..." and such.And then,after a minute or so,these teacher`s fools think that we are staying and move away from us.after another minute,I and Siju signals and we grab our bags and rushes out of the class,across the ground and onto the road.The teacher and her boys are fooled again.
Despite all this mischieves and lot of friends,my uninterest towards the school increased.I talked to one of my aunt about my willingness to study in an English medium school.My parents and relatives, who wanted some discipline in me ,decided to send me to a boarding school.And in November 1997, I said salam to AMHSS and my friends, to begin my next tussle with education, in the mountains of Neeloor...

.
..Evolution of Immini...
A few of classmates at AMHSS and a few friends
from my former school, SAPS, studied in the same Sunday School.The SAPS friends revealed my real identity to the AMHSS friends.
On one Monday,during the lunch break, a friend who knew my real name revealed it to the whole class.The whole class began teasing me.Soon everyone in my class and the neighbouring classes began calling me IMMINIKOZHI...

0 Responses to "7th Class Part-1 (In A Crap School)"