7th Class Part - 2 (Neeloor)

Ullas,Vishnu,Sinoy,Sonit,Alan,.....,Don,Kapil 1997

My first visit to Neeloor was for the admission at St.Joseph's English Medium School.I arrived at the school along with my father and an aunt.the 3 hour journey by bus seemed like a bus journey through the highranges.
Neeloor was a mountainous region and the road was twisted and narrow.The bus journey itself was a great pleasure.The journey to school was like going for a picnic.
To get admission in such a school in the middle of th
e year was difficult.The school management doubted whether I am a dismissed student from my former school or such.
My home was some 40+ kms away from school and i stayed in the hostel.Before coming to the hostel,I thought hostel life was lots of friends and fun.I realized the 'myth.'I stayed at the hostel for just 1 month and later beca
me a day schooler.

Sebastian,Sebin,Sonit,Sandeep,Subash,Tony and me in 1998

The journey to school by bus usually took 3-4 hours.I travelled to school by the 8 am KMS bus from my village to Pala (Chettuthode-Pala).The distance is just 23-25 kms ,but the bus took more than an hour to reach the distance.The bus passed through small villages and rubber plantations and through the abandoned paddy fields.Only two buses from KMS plied this route and it was the 'lifeline' of the villagers.I reaches Pala by 9:15 and run towards the waiting bus to Neeloor (Concord).This bus arrives Neeloor by 10,just after the school-bell.

Evolution of Immini...

During the short stay at the hostel I had two senior friends from 9th class.Diffin K Baby and Gino Gim.In the hostel study hall,I sat in between Gino and Diffin,at adesk in the front row.
During the night study,Diffin always dozed off with his head supported in hands.The bored Gino Gim shake the desk and makes the drooping Diffin's head fall from his hands.The startled and angry Diffin swears at Gino Gim.He just enjoys the prank and laughs at it.Seeing all this Tom and Jerry stuff, I often lose control and break into a loud laugh,bringing everyones attention (including the boarding rector).Then Gino and Diffin are one team and swear at me saying,"why you laughing a#@*&^!,some one close to you is dead...f%@#er...?" in Malayalam.
On one such study time,Gino asked me if I have a nick name.He agreed to tell his nick name in return.The rest is history....Within days ,every one in the hostel,then my class and the whole school began calling me IMMINI....

0 Responses to "7th Class Part - 2 (Neeloor)"